Smart Contract Testing (Moved to Dapp 30)
Test smart contracts like a pro with Test-Driven-Development (TDD) and Truffle!
(Moved to Dapp 30, where we test 30 smart contracts).
You will learn:
- Test Solidity smart contracts with Truffle
- Test-Driven-Development (TDD) for smart contracts
- Pitfalls to avoid
- Testing strategies
- Setup code linting for smart contracts
- Setup continuous integration to test automatically your smart contracts
- Structure of smart contracts
- Clean room testing features of Truffle
- Variable injections in smart contract tests
You will use:
- Mocha & Chai (through Truffle)
Hi! My name is Julien and I am the instructor of EatTheBlocks Pro.
I am a senior Blockchain software engineer. I used to work in Finance, and I switched to software development 6 years ago.
For the past 3 years, I have been building Dapps and Solidity smart contracts for several Ethereum and ICOs projects, including Lendingblock, an institutional crypto lending exchange.
I run EatTheBlocks, a youtube channel for Ethereum developers. I have also published a Blockchain course for Manning.
I also contribute to the code of Drizzle and I spoke at TruffleCon 2019 on Drizzle.
Start11. Introduction (1:55)
Start12. Install Truffle 5.0 (1:55)
Start13. Understanding Truffle Contract Artifacts & Truffle Abstraction (6:36)
Start14. Using Truffle-contract to communicate with smart contracts (7:29)
Start15. Basic testing workflow - Part I (9:55)
Start16. Basic testing workflow - Part II (11:22)
Start17. Understanding Truffle variable injection magic in test files (6:37)
Start18. Isolate tests with clean room features (3:42)