Smart Contract Testing (Legacy)
Test smart contracts like a pro with Test-Driven-Development (TDD) and Truffle!
This course has been DISCONTINUED.
Checkout the new course "6 figures Blockchain developer" instead :)
You will learn how to:
- Develop Solidity smart contracts: data structures, functions, modifier, mapping, arrays, and more.
- Use the Truffle framework to build Ethereum Dapps: compilation, migration, configuration of Truffle project
- Use Web3 and TruffleContract to communicate between the frontend and the smart contract
- Configure Webpack for Ethereum Dapp development (with truffle-solidity-loader)
This will cover every part of the Dapp:
- Smart contract (Solidity)
- Backend (Nodejs server to serve the frontend)
The dapp will be able to:
- create new tasks
- list existing tasks
- toggle a done/not done status for each task.
The dapp will look like this:
You will learn:
- Test Solidity smart contracts with Truffle
- Test-Driven-Development (TDD) for smart contracts
- Pitfalls to avoid
- Testing strategies
- Setup code linting for smart contracts
- Setup continuous integration to test automatically your smart contracts
- Structure of smart contracts
- Clean room testing features of Truffle
- Variable injections in smart contract tests
You will use:
- Mocha & Chai (through Truffle)
Hi! My name is Julien and I am the instructor of EatTheBlocks Pro.
I am a senior Blockchain software engineer. I used to work in Finance, and I switched to software development 6 years ago.
For the past 3 years, I have been building Dapps and Solidity smart contracts for several Ethereum and ICOs projects, including Lendingblock, an institutional crypto lending exchange.
I run EatTheBlocks, a youtube channel for Ethereum developers. I have also published a Blockchain course for Manning.
I also contribute to the code of Drizzle and I spoke at TruffleCon 2019 on Drizzle.
Start11. Introduction (1:55)
Start12. Install Truffle 5.0 (1:55)
Start13. Understanding Truffle Contract Artifacts & Truffle Abstraction (6:36)
Start14. Using Truffle-contract to communicate with smart contracts (7:29)
Start15. Basic testing workflow - Part I (9:55)
Start16. Basic testing workflow - Part II (11:22)
Start17. Understanding Truffle variable injection magic in test files (6:37)
Start18. Isolate tests with clean room features (3:42)