Live Training #1 - Create your own Token
Create your own Token on Binance Smart Chain By Forking Safemoon
Have you heard of Safemoon? That's the new hot thing in crypto!
This new kind of token charges fees for every token transfer:
- A part is redistributed to token owners
- Another part is sent to the creator of the token
Thanks to this unique mechanism, the price of SafeMoon keeps going up, and investors are very eager to buy similar tokens.
In this 1h training I will explain how to fork SafeMoon to have your own SafeMoon on the Binance Smart Chain:
- 40mins of explanations, code walkthrough, live coding & deployment on the Binance Smart Chain (mainnet)
- 20mins of Q&A
- 2 month of support in the private Discord chat of EatTheBlocks
When is the training?
- The training was already recorded on May 25th, 11pm UTC+8
- BUT you will still be able to access the recording after
PART I: Code walkthrough of smart contract
- Token transfer
- Fees to token owner
- Fees to token creator, using Pancakeswap
- Code fix to avoid being stuck during Pancakeswap updates
PART II: Token deployment
- Using Truffle
- Using a Nano Ledger, to maintain the highest security for the admin address
PART III: How to do admin tasks of the token, after deployment
- Modify transfer fees
- Add / remove addresses excluded from the fee
- Deal with PancakeSwap updates
Please note that this live training- doesn’t included the frontend. Instead the live training focuses on the smart contract, which is the most important part.
PRE-REQUISITES (Only need to know the basics)
- Basics of NodeJS
- Basics of the command line
- Required software:
- Code editor (ex: Visual Studio Code)
- A terminal (for Windows users, you can use the bash emulation of gitforwindows)
- Works on Windows 8/10, recent versions of Ubuntu & MacOS
- Some BNB in your address to deploy the token smart contract
Are you excited to create your token? Book your seat for this live training, and I will see you on May 25th at 11pm UTC+8 :-)
Hi! My name is Julien and I am the instructor of EatTheBlocks Pro.
I am a senior Blockchain software engineer. I used to work in Finance, and I switched to software development 6 years ago.
For the past 3 years, I have been building Dapps and Solidity smart contracts for several Ethereum and ICOs projects, including Lendingblock, an institutional crypto lending exchange.
I run EatTheBlocks, a youtube channel for Ethereum developers. I have also published a Blockchain course for Manning.
I also contribute to the code of Drizzle and I spoke at TruffleCon 2019 on Drizzle.
StartOld recording (will be re-recorded, see below) (160:25)
Start(New recording) 1. Introduction (0:40)
Start(New recording) 2. How Safemoon work (3:47)
Start(New recording) 3. Walkthrough the code of Safemoon (9:31)
Start(New recording) 4. Install development tools (2:13)
Start(New recording) 5. Setup project (2:38)
Start(New recording) 6. Customize the code (3:27)
Start(New recording) 7. Deploy the Safemoon token (2:35)
Start(New recording) 8. Troubleshoot gas problems (3:11)
Start(New recording) 9. Verify the Safemoon token on BSCScan (3:09)
Start(New recording) 10. Burn tokens (3:29)
Start(New recording, the rest is in progress...)